Huntsman to Showcase Sustainable Solutions at UTECH Asia 2011
Huntsman to Showcase Sustainable Solutions at UTECH Asia 2011
CAMPAIGN: We See a Better World
Shanghai, China, October 5. 2011 /3BL Media/ - Huntsman Corporation (NYSE:HUN) announced today that its Polyurethanes and Performance Products divisions will be showing a wide range of sustainable solutions at UTECH Asia / PU China 2011 (UTECH) from September 6 to 8, (Booth No: 115, W5, Shanghai New International Expo Centre).
“Today, the Asia-Pacific market, and especially China, has become the largest polyurethane market in the world,” said Anthony P. Hankins, CEO of Huntsman Asia Pacific. “China’s 12th Five-Year Plan will bring development opportunities for the entire industry. At UTECH, the industry’s largest exposition, we will showcase our latest solutions, which are focused on environmental performance improvements, including energy savings and emission reductions.
“Through both close collaboration with customers and deep understanding of the market, the Huntsman Asia team is well positioned to develop products and technologies which will deliver sustainable growth, benefiting our customers and the industry as a whole.”
The innovative technical solutions that Huntsman will present at UTECH will cover a wide range of applications, including construction, automotive, electrical appliances, household consumer goods and footwear materials:
- The flame-retardant rigid foam solution is an outstanding example of the high energy efficiency and safety of Huntsman’s products and technologies. The solution not only meets the Chinese government’s recently passed “Interim Provisions on Fire Prevention of Civil Buildings' External Insulation System and External Wall Decoration,” but also provides comprehensive solutions to the challenges of building insulation materials in the energy-saving, environment-protection, and safety fields.
- The high performance of Huntsman’s products and technologies is highlighted by their applications in fields as varied as automotive and footwear. At UTECH, Huntsman will showcase its MDI automotive seating systems, lightweight acoustic materials, and functional footwear materials.
- MDI slabstock foam technology is a fine example of how comfort is prioritized in Huntsman technologies. MDI slabstock foam has excellent resilience, breathability, and pressure endurance.
- Huntsman’s industry-leading low-emission catalysts provide environmental, health and safety solutions for a wide range of urethane applications, including polyether and polyester foams, coatings, elastomers, and high-modulus urethane.
During UTECH, Huntsman experts will present three technical papers on the following topics:
- “Flame Retardant Rigid Foam Systems that Meet China’s New Fire Prevention Requirements,” on September 6
- “An Introduction to MDI Slabfoam Technology for High Comfort Mattresses,” on September 7
- “Low Emission Catalysis for Flexible Foam Applications,” on September 7
Huntsman is a global manufacturer and marketer of differentiated chemicals. Its operating companies manufacture products for a variety of global industries, including chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging. Originally known for pioneering innovations in packaging and, later, for rapid and integrated growth in petrochemicals, Huntsman today has approximately 12,000 employees and operates from multiple locations worldwide. The Company had 2010 revenues of over $9 billion. For more information about Huntsman, please visit the official website at www.huntsman.com.
About Huntsman Polyurethanes:
Huntsman Polyurethanes (HPU) is a leading producer of MDI – a key ingredient in the production of polyurethanes and also manufactures flexible and rigid polyethers, polyesters, polyether amines, polyurea amines, propylene oxide, polyols, fully formulated polyurethane systems and TPUs for the automotive, footwear, coatings & adhesives, construction, furniture, appliances and packaging industries. HPU has 2, 400 employees worldwide serving over 3,500 customers in more than 90 countries throughout the world. In 2010, the division’s revenues exceeded US$ 3.6 billion.
About Huntsman Performance Products:
Huntsman Performance Products is a leading global producer of more than 2,000 chemical intermediates and technologies based primarily on amines, surfactants and carbonates that add value and competitive advantage to industrial customers and consumers worldwide. The division’s solutions find application in the most diverse markets and industries and with innovation as the life-blood of the business the list continues to grow. As the division strives to develop effective, sustainable solutions for its clients’ ever changing needs, customer intimacy and understanding are critical. The division has 17 manufacturing plants and had 2010 revenues of approximately US$2.7 billion.
Statements in this release that are not historical are forward-looking statements and are based on the management’s current beliefs and expectations. The forward-looking statements in this release are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances and involve risks and uncertainties that may affect the company’s operations, markets, products, services, prices and other factors as discussed in the Huntsman companies’ filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Significant risks and uncertainties may relate to, but are not limited to, financial, economic, competitive, environmental, political, legal, regulatory and technological factors. In addition, the completion of any transactions described in this release is subject to a number of uncertainties and closing will be subject to approvals and other customary conditions. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that such transactions will be completed or that the company’s expectations will be realized. The company assumes no obligation to provide revisions to any forward-looking statements should circumstances change, except as otherwise required by applicable laws.
Tina Wang (Asia):+86 21 2208 7534
Gary Chapman (Global):+ 1 281 719 4324