DTFA: Foster Care Adoption Awareness
The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is driven by a single goal: finding a loving family for every child waiting in foster care to get adopted. We are America’s only national nonprofit charity dedicated solely to finding permanent homes for the more than 100,000 children in foster care.
How we work:
· Award grants to adoption organizations that connect children with families.
· Increase awareness across the nation about waiting children and the process to adopt.
· Raise funds to support our awareness and education programs.
· Provide free resources to professionals and prospective and adoptive parents.
Our Core Beliefs:
· Every child deserves a safe, loving, and permanent family.
· No child should linger in foster care or leave the system at age 18 without a permanent family of his or her own.
· Every child is adoptable.