Focal Point 2013: Frontiers in Packaging
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Focal Point 2013: Frontiers in Packaging will target opportunities and challenges for the packaging and converting industries in the Midwest. The event will address manufacturing, converting, end-use, and regulatory concerns in flexible and rigid plastics, paper board, metal cans and specialty paper.
Highlights will include expert speaker presentations on
- current trends in sustainable flexible packaging
- latest developments in compostable packaging,
- an overview of recent regulations on packaging for food contact,
- how to provide evidence for green claims made in packaging,
- extended producer responsibility, and
- alternative end-of-life management options such as anaerobic digestion and the recyclability & repulpability of paperboard.
Delegates are also invited to attend tours of UW-Stevens Point’s pilot paper machine and the university’s new Waste Education Center.
Providing great value in one jam-packed day, this event will apprise participants of key drivers and issues in their industries.