ConAgra Foods Issues 2014 Citizenship Report
ConAgra Foods Issues 2014 Citizenship Report
CAMPAIGN: ConAgra Foods Citizenship
OMAHA, Neb., Sept. 19, 2014 /3BL Media/ —ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading food companies, today announced it has issued its 2014 Citizenship Report, providing a deeper look into how the company is doing good through food while driving economic gains for its stakeholders. Available online at http://www.conagrafoodscitizenship.com, the report tracks the progress the company is making on its three-pronged Citizenship platform: Good for You, Good for the Community and Good for the Planet.
“We gave continued to make good progress on our Citizenship initiatives, one of the key components of our five-year, Recipe for Growth strategy, and we’re pleased to share more detail,” said Chris Kircher, vice president, Corporate Affairs and president, ConAgra Foods Foundation. “We invite folks to learn more about our efforts by accessing our 2014 Citizenship Report now available on the ConAgra Foods website.”
Highlights from ConAgra Foods’ 2014 Citizenship Report include:
- Announcement of four focus areas that will guide ConAgra Foods’ Citizenship strategy going forward, including: Eating Well, People & Culture, Eliminating Waste and Food Access & Availability.
- Progress on the company’s zero waste journey, repurposing 94 percent of leftover materials generated from facilities to beneficial use such as recycling, feeding animals, composting or waste-to-energy. Additionally, through its sustainable development initiatives, ConAgra Foods significantly reduced its environmental impact while cutting costs by $30 million;
- Focus on health and nutrition in the company’s branded portfolio with new convenient, affordable foods – 70 percent of which fit within our three focus areas of health and nutrition: portion and calorie control, dietary variety and heart health;
- Increased public awareness on good food safety practices through ConAgra Foods’ partnership with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for Home Food Safety®, delivering 580 million media impressions focused on food safety practices for the home;
- Expanded efforts to end child hunger in America through multiple avenues, including raising the monetary equivalent of nearly 4 million meals for Feeding America through the Child Hunger Ends Here® program, and launching an innovative, pilot initiative to significantly reduce food insecurity over three years in the company’s headquarters community.
- External recognition of ConAgra Foods’ ongoing corporate responsibility commitment, including selection for the fourth consecutive year on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index validating the company’s progress in key long-term economic, environmental and social criteria.
In preparing the 2014 Citizenship Report, ConAgra Foods followed the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and the Food Sector supplement. More information on the GRI initiative is available at http://www.globalreporting.org. All data in the report reflects ConAgra Foods' fiscal year 2014, which ended May 25, 2014. The Citizenship Report covers all company-owned facilities, including some owned through joint ventures. ConAgra Foods plans to continue to publish subsequent updates each year in September, following the publication of its Annual Report to Stockholders.
ABOUT CONAGRA FOODS
ConAgra Foods, Inc. (NYSE: CAG) is one of North America's largest packaged food companies with branded and private branded food found in 99 percent of America’s households, as well as a strong commercial foods business serving restaurants and foodservice operations globally. Consumers can find recognized brands such as Banquet®, Chef Boyardee®, Egg Beaters®, Healthy Choice®, Hebrew National®, Hunt's®, Marie Callender's®, Orville Redenbacher's®, PAM®, Peter Pan®, Reddi-wip®, Slim Jim®, Snack Pack® and many other ConAgra Foods brands, along with food sold by ConAgra Foods under private brand labels, in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise, club and drug stores. Additionally, ConAgra Foods supplies frozen potato and sweet potato items as well as other vegetable, spice, and bakery goods to commercial and foodservice customers. ConAgra Foods operates ReadySetEat.com, an interactive recipe website that provides consumers with easy dinner recipes and more. For more information, please visit us atwww.conagrafoods.com.
# # #
For more information, please contact: