JetBlue Introduces TrueBlue Points Donation Platform
JetBlue Introduces TrueBlue Points Donation Platform
NEW YORK, December 12, 2014 /3BL Media/ - JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), New York's Hometown Airline, today announced the launch of its TrueBlue Points Donation platform, a new addition to the airline's TrueBlue customer loyalty program. The Points Donation program provides TrueBlue members with an alternate way to use their loyalty points. Members now have the choice to use points for future travel or donate them to benefit others. Points can be contributed to numerous charities and non-profits featured in the TrueBlue Points Donation platform. When members donate points, they go directly to the selected charity. Each charity may use the points for travel for their organization.
Donating points is easy. TrueBlue members can log on to the Points Donation platform at JetBlue.com/donate. Next the member will select from a variety of charities of their choice and then decide how many points to donate. Then the points will be transferred directly to the charity’s TrueBlue account. Starting at 500 points, TrueBlue members may donate as many points as they want to a number of different charities. During the season of giving, JetBlue will match TrueBlue member donations made through the TrueBlue Points Donation platform up to a maximum of one million points, from December 11 - 31, 2014.
“Caring and passion are two of JetBlue's core values. We designed our Points Donation platform with these values in mind. The featured charities in the platform are causes that our crewmembers and company feel strongly about and regularly support,” said Kelly Roe, director, loyalty and partnerships, JetBlue Airways. “The TrueBlue Points Donation Platform is an ongoing donation program and members can give year-round to help these worthy charities fly for free, maximizing the money they’re able to put against their causes.”
Members can donate to several featured charities and their causes. Featured charities include:
· Angel Flight provides free air transportation for charitable and medical-related needs for individuals and health care organizations. Transportation is provided to those in financial distress or who are in a time-critical, non-emergency situation due to their medical condition.
· Make-A-Wish® grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, on average every 37 minutes. According to a 2011 U.S. study of wish impact, most health professionals surveyed believe a wish-come-true can influence the health of children.
· DoSomething.org is one of the largest organizations for young people and social change, where 3.2 million members tackle campaigns that impact every cause from poverty to violence to the environment to literally everything else.
· The FDNY Foundation is the official non-profit organization of the New York City Fire Department promoting fire and life safety and other important initiatives.
· First Book is a nonprofit social enterprise that has distributed more than 120 million books and educational resources to programs and schools serving children from low-income families. By making new, high-quality books available on an ongoing basis, First Book is transforming the lives of children in need and elevating the quality of education.
· Carbonfund.org is making it easy and affordable for any individual, business or organization to reduce and offset their climate impact and hasten the transition to a clean energy future. Carbonfund.org achieves its goals through offsets and reductions, education and public outreach.
“On a corporate level, JetBlue‘s core corporate social responsibility pillars are youth/education, community and the environment. JetBlue also supports other causes that are important to our crewmembers,” said Icema Gibbs, director corporate social responsibility, JetBlue Airways. “We take our commitment to inspire humanity very seriously. We invite our customers and TrueBlue members to also support our charitable partners. TrueBlue points can now be used by charities for much needed travel and thereby assist their fundraising efforts.”
JetBlue has successfully carved out a niche by delivering substantial value to customers with its TrueBlue loyalty program, including no blackout dates, all seats availability (a), points that never expire, and the ability to earn and share points with a small group through Family Pooling (b). With a range of TrueBlue benefits and badges, JetBlue consistently delivers on its promise to provide a loyalty program that rewards all customers, regardless of their travel frequency: bonuses, such as six points per eligible dollar spent for booking on JetBlue.com (c), flying in Even More® Space (a), booking your pet with JetPaws™, and planning your trip with JetBlue Getaways, rewards add up fast, and the points you earn are the points you keep. Acknowledging that some customers choose JetBlue exclusively for family travel, while others mix business and personal travel, Mosaic and Family Pooling offer tailored solutions that pay out for travelers of all kinds. JetBlue's most loyal customers qualify for Mosaic, which means more points, benefits and exclusive offers all from flying 30 segments plus 12,000 base flight points, or by earning 15,000 base flight points within a calendar year (d). Meanwhile Family Pooling allows small groups of friends and families to earn and share points together to earn Award Flights faster (b).
Additional information about TrueBlue and how to register can be found here: https://trueblue.jetblue.com
About JetBlue Airways
JetBlue is New York's Hometown Airline™, and a leading carrier in Boston, Fort Lauderdale/ Hollywood, Los Angeles (Long Beach), Orlando, and San Juan. JetBlue carries more than 30 million customers a year to 87 cities in the U.S., Caribbean, and Latin America with an average of 825 daily flights. Service to Cleveland will launch April 30, 2015. For more information please visit JetBlue.com.
(a) All seats on JetBlue flights are available for booking using TrueBlue points. Even More® Space seats are also available for the applicable extra fee. (b) Family Pooling Terms apply. (c) TrueBlue Members will earn three (3) TrueBlue points per dollar spent on the base fare of their individual JetBlue flight plus three (3) bonus points per dollar for JetBlue flights booked on JetBlue.com. Points will be earned on the base fare of the flight only. Points will not be earned on government taxes/fees or other fees or charges (e.g., travel insurance, change/cancel fees, etc.). JetBlue flights are flights operated by JetBlue and purchased under a JetBlue flight number. TrueBlue Terms and Conditions apply. (d) Base flight points are the 3 points per $1 you earn on the base fare of your individual JetBlue flight purchase. A "segment" means any origin-destination pair; a one-way flight (whether non-stop or including a connection) is one segment, and a roundtrip flight (whether non-stop or including a connection) is two segments. Award flights do not count towards Mosaic. Mosaic membership is good for one calendar year. Additional restrictions apply. See the TrueBlue Terms and Conditions for details.