We Are Working For You
We Are Working For You
The fundamental role of any business is to fulfill a need for society. For TransCanada, that means delivering the natural gas that heats your home, the liquids that fuel your transportation and the electricity that powers your technology and lights the way.
But after 65 years of doing business, and with more than 70,000 neighbours across our three operating countries, we know there’s more to being a good business than just supplying the energy North Americans need.
“We stick to our values, take responsibility for our actions and are always committed to doing what’s right,” said Russ Girling, TransCanada President and CEO. “We consider every business decision in terms of our ability to transport energy responsibly and reliably, while delivering on the commitments we make to our stakeholders.”
Some of our successes in 2015 included adding new projects in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico to continue to fulfill society’s growing need for energy. We also received third-party recognition for meeting this need while remaining committed to our values of integrity, responsibility, collaboration and innovation. With this in mind, we look forward to 2016 and another year of delivering energy to North Americans reliably and responsibly.
Here are a few of the things we accomplished last year:
- We received scores at the 100th percentile on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), and earned rankings on the DJSI North America and World Indices
- Our Keystone Pipeline System delivered its billionth barrel of oil from Canada to refineries in the U.S.
- We increased our investment in Bruce Power, continuing our participation in Ontario’s ongoing efforts to reduce the province’s carbon footprint
- We pursued an agreement to acquire the Ironwood Power Plant in Pennsylvania
- TransCanada was successfully selected to build, own and operate the Tuxpan-Tula Pipeline in Mexico
- We added 2.7 billion cubic feet per day of new contracts for our NGTL System
- We were named to the Climate Disclosure Leadership Index with a top score of 99B for our actions to disclose carbon emissions and our strategy to mitigate the business risks of climate change
- We received recognition from the Canadian Electricity Association for leadership in efforts to improve air quality
- We were honoured by the U.S. Department of Defense’s Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve with award for strong military support
- We earned recognition by the Institute of Asset Management with an award for building robust operational risk management framework
- We were listed on Corporate Knights’ 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada
- We landed a spot on Canada’s Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders List by Research Infosource, Canada’s source of research and development intelligence
- We received the Gold Safety Days Away Restricted Absence Award from Liberty Mutualgrad