What does it mean to Brew a Better Future?
What does it mean to Brew a Better Future?
CAMPAIGN: Sustainability at HEINEKEN
Amsterdam, April 23, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Sustainability has been an integral part of HEINEKEN's business operations throughout its 150 year history and it is one of HEINEKEN's six business priorities. HEINEKEN's sustainability commitments come to life through its Brewing a Better Future (BaBF) Programme, the company's long-term approach to creating shared, sustainable value in four areas that it can impact directly:
- Protecting water resources;
- Reducing CO2 emissions;
- Sourcing sustainably;
- Advocating responsible consumption.
HEINEKEN recently has published its 2013 Sustainability Report, which outlines that the company is on its way to meet its 2020 sustainability commitments. HEINEKEN’s full 2013 Sustainability Report can be accessed and downloaded online at sustainabilityreport.heineken.com.
Join us on April 30, 2014 at 8am PT/11am ET/5pm CET for a live Twitter Chat to explore and discuss HEINEKEN’s BaBF Programme, its 2020 commitments and the progress the company has made in 2013, including:
- Reducing CO2 emissions - A key highlight of the year is the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions of 119 kton CO2 in 2013, or almost 2,400 trips around the globe with a fully loaded 30-ton Heineken® beer truck.
- Protecting water resources - In 2013, HEINEKEN's specific water consumption again decreased to 4.1 hl/hl, down from 4.2 hl in 2012. In absolute terms, this improvement could provide almost 50,000 people in Singapore with their annual water consumption volume.
- Sourcing sustainably - In 2013, HEINEKEN increased its sourcing of raw materials in Africa to 46 per cent. The 2020 commitment is to have 60 per cent of raw materials used to brew our beers in Africa sourced locally.
- Advocating responsible consumption -The Heineken® brand's new 'Dance More, Drink Slow' digital campaign was launched in partnership with world-famous DJ Armin van Buuren.
Aman Singh, CSRwire’s Editorial Director and Nick Aster, Founder and Publisher of TriplePundit, will moderate the conversation with a thorough sampling of HEINEKEN’s sustainability leadership team, including:
- Michael Dickstein (MD)– HEINEKEN Director Global Sustainable Development
- Jan-Willem Vosmeer (JV)- HEINEKEN Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Laura Taal (LT)- HEINEKEN Sustainable Procurement Manager
- Peter Jonker (PJ) - HEINEKEN Global Category Leader Energy
- Maarten ten Houten (MH)- HEINEKEN Sustainability Manager Global Innovation
What you need to know
Date: April 30, 2014
Time: 8am PT/11am ET/5pm CET
Moderators: @AmanSinghCSR @CSRwire @nickaster @triplepundit
To register, send out the following tweet:
I'll join @HEINEKENCorp @AmanSinghCSR @nickaster to discuss what BrewingaBetterFuture #BaBF means for HEINEKEN on 04/30 8amPT/11amET/5pmCET
- ends -
Christine van Waveren
Marie-Christine van ’t Hullenaar
HEINEKEN is a proud, independent global brewer committed to surprise and excite consumers with its brands and products everywhere. The brand that bears the founder’s family name – Heineken® - is available in almost every country on the globe and is the world’s most valuable international premium beer brand. The Company’s aim is to be a leading brewer in each of the markets in which it operates and to have the world’s most valuable brand portfolio. HEINEKEN wants to win in all markets with Heineken® and with a full brand portfolio in markets of choice. The Company is present in over 70 countries and operates more than 165 breweries. HEINEKEN is Europe’s largest brewer and the world’s third largest by volume. HEINEKEN is committed to the responsible marketing and consumption of its more than 250 international premium, regional, local and specialty beers and ciders. These include Heineken®, Amstel, Anchor, Biere Larue, Bintang, Birra Moretti, Cruzcampo, Desperados, Dos Equis, Foster’s, Newcastle Brown Ale, Ochota, Primus, Sagres, Sol, Star, Strongbow, Tecate, Tiger and Zywiec. Our leading joint venture brands include Cristal and Kingfisher. The number of people employed is over 85,000. Heineken N.V. and Heineken Holding N.V. shares are listed on the NYSE Euronext in Amsterdam. Prices for the ordinary shares may be accessed on Bloomberg under the symbols HEIA NA and HEIO NA and on the Reuter Equities 2000 Service under HEIN.AS and HEIO.AS. HEINEKEN has two sponsored level 1 American Depositary Receipt (ADR) programmes: Heineken N.V. (OTCQX: HEINY) and Heineken Holding N.V. (OTCQX: HKHHY). Most recent information is available on HEINEKEN's website: www.theHEINEKENcompany.com.
About TriplePundit’s Stakeholder Engagement Campaigns
Triple Pundit regularly conducts webinars and Twitter chats with its member organizations and partner CSRWire These chats, developed as facilitated conversations, are aimed at taking a pulse of our community, sharing knowledge and inspiring action. Whether the topic is sustainable living, shared value or responsible careers, these interactive sessions not only help our clients push their communication boundaries but also gain valuable feedback, criticism and the attention of an active and engaged community. Learn more by emailing email@example.com.