Whirlpool Brand Takes Home Six Innovation Awards at CES 2015
Whirlpool Brand Takes Home Six Innovation Awards at CES 2015
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 5, 2014 /3BL Media/ – Whirlpool Brand earned six International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 Innovation Awards for the Whirlpool® Front Load Washer and Dryer with Nest Technology, Whirlpool® Double Drawer French Door Refrigerator, Whirlpool® HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer, Whirlpool® Smart Top Load Washer and Dryer, and the SWASH™ system, credentialed by Whirlpool and Tide brands, two of the most trusted leaders in fabric care. Products entered for awards consideration are judged by a panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the trade media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 28 product categories.
“We are honored and thrilled with the recognition from the Consumer Electronics Association,” said Jon Hall, senior brand manager, Whirlpool brand. “It’s a testament to the efforts of our entire organization to bring to market leading products that are at the forefront of consumer trends. These awards not only give us great pride but also reinforce our long-standing legacy of creating products that solve real needs for modern families.”
Best of Innovation award winner (SmartHome category) and Innovations Award Honoree (Eco-Design and Sustainable Technologies category)
- Whirlpool® HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer: Outdoor venting not required.
The HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer is an award-winning innovation with true ventless Heat Pump dryer technology that solves key challenges in the dryer category – energy usage, gentle care for specialty clothing and identifying an appropriate space to vent outside. Compared to typical dryers that use large amounts of energy in the form of venting hot, moist air, this large 7.3 cu. ft. capacity dryer regenerates energy during the drying cycle using a refrigeration system to dry and recycle the same air. This process uses up to 73 percent less energy[i] with the Eco Dry setting while also drying loads within normal dry times, averaging 60 minutes depending on the selected cycle. The ventless design means the dryer easily installs in more places, a great solution for urban living, rentals and older homes. HybridCare™ technology also uses advanced sensors to manage drying temperature. Low heat allows for gentle drying of hard-to-care-for items, to give favorite clothes the best care possible.[ii] The HybridCare™ Heat Pump Dryer was also awarded Best Dryer Feature in Reviewed.com’s 2014 Best of Year Washer and Dryer Awards.
Innovations Award Honorees (SmartHome category)
- Whirlpool® Front Load Washer and Dryer with Nest Technology connects to families’ needs, whether they are at home or away.
In working with the Nest team, Whirlpool brand has created a home experience that is both purposeful and thoughtful, starting with this laundry pair. The ‘Works with Nest’ laundry pair uses the Nest API (Application Programming Interface) to help save consumers energy and keeps their laundry fresh if the cycle ends while they are away.
- Whirlpool® Smart Top Load Washer and Dryer
This laundry pair uses connected technology to not only better care for clothes, but enable families to help other families in need, load for load. Every new feature of the top load laundry pair is intentionally built to enhance the consumer’s experience. New custom cycles will rollout throughout 2015. Anticipated cycles including comforters, athletic wear, swimwear and towels offer better fabric care[iii] and help extend the life of families’ favorite items. Helping other families is now automatic through the new the Connect to care™ program within the Whirlpool® Mobile app. This feature allows consumers to opt in and automatically make a donation to Habitat for Humanity every time they do a load of laundry, literally transforming a simple chore into an act of love. The Smart Top Load pair builds on the ‘Works with Nest’ platform, providing automated home and away controls to help prevent wrinkles, delay cycles when energy costs are high, and activate quiet mode, all within the Whirlpool® Mobile app.
Innovations Award Honorees (Home Appliances)
- SWASHTM system, credentialed by Whirlpool and Tide brands, provides fabric care in a flash. Voted Best Laundry Innovation by Reviewed.com, the SWASHTM system helps reduce wrinkles, refreshes fabric, restores the fit lost after wear and preserves clothing, in just ten minutes with the push of a button. Designed with P&G to give families a solution in between trips to the dry cleaner, it is available at national retailers like Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and PIRCH.
- Whirlpool® Double Drawer French Door Refrigerator introduces an intuitive design that provides families maximum flexibility in organization by allowing them to divide and conquer with the PerfectPlaces™ system. This system creates expertly designed storage spaces for different items. It offers two drawers, one of which is temperature-controlled with five versatile settings for snacks, cold drinks, deli, cheese and thawing frozen meats. The second drawer can be used to store fruits and vegetables in the optimal environment with the FreshFlow™ produce preserver. Families are offered even more storage options with a triple crisper storage, freezer pizza pocket, small item bin, and extra gallon door storage.
CES attendees can get up close with the winning products and other innovations at Whirlpool brand’s booth #73937 in the Family Tech Zone at the Sands Expo Center, January 6-9.
For more information, to join the conversation and see the company’s care-centric product innovations and conceptual inspirations come to life, visit ces.whirlpool.com and follow #EveryDayCare.
About Whirlpool Brand
For more than one hundred years, Whirlpool brand has been inspired by how people care for their families. Whirlpool brand is designing home appliances that are focused on improving how families give and get the care they need with the latest technologies and – whether that means most flexible refrigerator storage for all types of family needs, induction technology for efficient cooking and easier cleaning, or laundry pairs that sense and adapt to clothes with the latest in connected technologies. Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world's leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances. Whirlpool Corporation is also one of Habitat for Humanity's largest corporate partners for over 15 dedicated years, donating a refrigerator and range to every new Habitat for Humanity home built in North America. For more information on Whirlpool, please visit whirlpool.com/everydaycare or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/whirlpoolusa or Twitter at @WhirlpoolUSA. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
Whirlpool Media Hotline
Ketchum for Whirlpool
[i] Compared to pre-2004 traditional dryers, when paired with a matching washer, normal cycle, electric only
[ii] Compared to pre-2004 traditional dryers, electric only, when paired with high-efficiency washer
[iii] Compared to traditional top load washer