General Mills: 2012 Global Responsibility Report
General Mills’ launched its 2012 Global Responsibility Report, marking the first time the company has adopted the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines. GRI is a globally recognized, standardized framework for reporting on environmental, social and governance performance.
Highlights from General Mills’ efforts to nourish lives around the globe this past year include:
- Reaching the halfway mark toward achieving three of the company’s 2015 global sustainability goals: water, solid waste and packaging.
- Leveraging Continuous Improvement and Holistic Margin Management to make General Mills’ plants more efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Achieving a new record for improving the health profile of General Mills’ products.
- Delivering more whole grain than any other single ingredient in every Big G cereal.
- Expanding our commitment to fight hunger around the world.
- Hitting $1 billion in philanthropic giving.